Happy Holidays! Tis the season to eat drink and be merry! Instead of traditional Green Bean Casserole try this quick delicious recipe for Sautéed Green Beans with garlic. This simple yet savory Green Bean Dish is packed with flavor and will leave your guests wanting more! Best of all, you only need five ingredients!
***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please, see my affiliate disclaimer for more details.***
Easy Sautéed Green Beans With Garlic
- 2 Pounds of fresh Green Beans
- 3-4 fresh finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil- keeps the flavor of the dish light
- 2 tablespoons Kerry Gold Irish Butter- or any butter of your choice
- Sea Salt to taste
- Start with a large saute pan on low heat, then add olive oil and finely chopped garlic and stir spreading out the garlic all over the pan.
- Add fresh green beans to the pan and then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Turn the heat up to medium high constantly, sautéing the green beans for about 10-12 minutes until they slightly begin to caramelize.
- Turn off the heat and then add the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Once the butter has melted transfer to a beautiful dish to display on your Thanksgiving Table.
Note: This method keeps the green bean bright and crisp so there is no need to boil them first. Also use fresh chopped garlic no garlic in a jar or any substitute garlic. Remember, always use the best ingredients. This simple recipe is so good once you try it, you’ll want to make this dish anytime.
If you are a garlic lover you always add more garlic to taste. The best thing about this dish is that once the garlic starts to brown it adds a subtle garlic flavor that is not too over powering even for non garlic lovers!
I make this dish all throughout the year, especially when I’m craving something savory. I hope you enjoyed this post! Also see my recipe for Buttery Sweet Potato Souffle.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!