This savory vegetable soup recipe is perfect for chilly fall nights and so delicious.
Fall is just a few short days away here in New England and we are starting to get those cold nights in September. Last night I was craving vegetable soup so I whipped up a big pot for dinner. It’s so yummy and it will make your house smell amazing, so I thought I would share this recipe.
Nothing beats a pot of fresh homemade soup served with warm bread or croutons. It warms you up and it’s a good way to get those veggies in. This soup is easy to make and very filling. The fresh rosemary adds lovely flavor to the red potatoes.
***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please, see my affiliate disclaimer for more details.***
Savory Cabbage Soup
- One Head Of Cabbage chopped
- 2 Cups cut Red Potatoes
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots
- 1 cup of Corn
- 1/2 Small Red or Purple Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Celery chopped
- 1/2 sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 cup of Red Pepper sliced
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Italian Herbs
- In a large pot add olive oil, chopped onions, celery, garlic cloves and sauté on medium heat.
- Next add carrots, corn, red pepper, cabbage and potatoes then stir.
- Next add 4 cups of vegetable broth, Italian herbs, salt and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally until potatoes are done.
- This recipe serves 4.
I hope you love this recipe! Thanks for stopping by.