Easy Cinnamon Apple Crisp
This easy apple crisp or apple crumble recipe (depending on what part of the country you live in) Is perfect for chilly fall mornings! It can be made sweet or tart depending on the type of apples used.
It’s near the end of a long hot summer here in New England, but I am yearning for an early fall. Lately I have been craving one of my favorite fall dishes: Apple Crisp!
I love the beach, but there is nothing like fall in Connecticut! We get the best of both worlds with endless views of beautiful fall foliage along the coastline.
One of my favorite breakfast recipes is apple crisp! The smell of warm apples and cinnamon baking in the morning while I have my morning coffee is heavenly. Fresh sliced apples are topped with a buttery cinnamon oat crumble topping that slightly crisps while baking.
***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please, see my affiliate disclaimer for more details.***
Easy Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- 6 Golden Delicious Apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 stick salted butter cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Bisquick or all purpose baking flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
*Use any apple variety that you like, just remember to adjust the sugar depending on the sweetness or tart of the apples. I like to use Bisquick because it gives the crumbled topping a richer flavor. You can make many variations by adding your favorite berries, raisins, or chopped nuts into the topping.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add apples, then pour lemon juice over and mix
- Add butter, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, nutmeg and flour, then mix
- Place sliced apple mixture into a 8×8 inch baking dish and set aside
- In a smaller bowl add butter, oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, baking soda and Bisquick or flour
- Mix together with a fork until all ingredients are combined or appears crumbled
- Spread topping all over apples
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees
*This recipe serves 6 people and takes less than 1 hour to prepare. Apple crisp is best served warm and fresh out of the oven. Top with your favorite vanilla ice-cream for a delicious fall dessert.
For another great fall recipe see: Buttery Soft Halloween Sugar Cookies