Sherwin Williams Serenely Paint Color
Want to know how to choose the best paint colors for your home? Start with the colors you love, and then create a whole house color scheme that matches your furniture and makes your happy!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links; should you choose to make a purchase using said link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Sherwin Williams Serenely
I recently discovered the most beautiful beachy blue paint color! It is a perfect coastal blue-gray with a hint of green. It’s a calming paint color you will want to use in a bedroom to create a tranquil atmosphere, or use it in a bathroom for a soothing spa effect.
I have always been obsessed with Sherwin Williams paint colors! My most favorite place in the world is the beach. It just naturally makes me happy, so I knew when I bought my home I wanted to surround myself with my favorite beachy colors. I wanted to keep that serene, calm coastal atmosphere and also make my home feel warm and inviting. I’m still renovating my home, so I will add more before and after pics later.
Aqua is my all-time favorite color, so I chose a breezy relaxing color scheme in several shades of Aqua that remind me of my favorite beaches. It’s really that simple. Below is The Aqua Cottage’s whole house color scheme. As you can see these colors work well together because they are different shades of aqua blues with green and gray undertones. I always recommend using a crisp clean white for the ceilings and trim. These colors also work well together in Coastal Farmhouse and Lake House interiors.
My Coastal Paint Color Palette
- Topsail–Kitchen & Bathrooms- A pretty beachy light blue-green that has slight gray undertones.
- Sea Salt-Guest Bedroom/Laundry Room- A cool green color with gray undertones that will brighten with daylight then appear soft and muted during the evening.
- Greek Villa– Hallways- This warm white has deep beige undertones that remind you of a sandy beach.
- Watery -Living Room–The most beautiful, almost tropical cool watery aqua blue with green undertones.
- Serenely-Main Bedroom- The perfect neutral blue gray that reminds you of a cloudy day at the beach.
- Extra-White-Family Room- A bright, breezy cool coastal white perfect for painting beadboard or shiplap.
- Pure White- Ceilings/Trim– A warm white that ties all of the colors together, perfect for doors and trim.
Sherwin Williams Sea Salt Guest Bedroom
See this rooms transformation here: Before & After Guest Bedroom Makeover
How To Create A Coastal Whole House Paint Color Palette
These are the guides I use to create a matching color scheme. One of the best compliments I receive is how well the different colors flow and transition throughout the rooms into each other.
- Start by picking your favorite color.
- Choose a clean white trim.
- Pick 3 more colors in your favorite color family to create a cohesive look. Repeat these colors throughout your home to avoid getting overwhelmed with color.
- When picking several different colors the center of your home for example, the hallways should be neutral as I illustrated with SW Greek Villa in the center of the picture.
- Consider your furniture and fixtures.
- Get at least 2-3 paint chips in your favorite colors so you can play with the colors against your main color and the white trim color. That way you understand color theory and see how well the colors work together,
- Test the color during the daylight and compare the difference shades in the evening.
Most important, remember to have fun! You can always use Pinterest, store paint guides, and the color wheel to find inspiration! There are tons of color palettes available to help you choose the best colors for your home! I want you to know I am not a Sherwin Williams affiliate, I have just been a huge fan of their paint for years!
Also I don’t recommend getting color mixes and taking them to get a cheaper product elsewhere. It’s not the same. Your home is your biggest investment. You want to choose a quality paint that will transform your home and last for years to come. See my blog post Before & After Guest Bedroom Makeover to see what cheap paint does to your walls. You can also sign up for an account to get paint coupons and discounts at the sherwin-williams.com I just got an awesome $20 coupon in my email!
I hope you found this post helpful, thanks for reading!
Are you ready to paint? See Everything You Need To Know About Paint