Easy July 4th Flag Cake
Make your 4th of July celebration a hit with this easy, beautiful and delicious flag cake! There are 2 different variations, one for strawberry lovers or raspberry lovers. This cakes tastes home made and is best made with fresh ingredients!
What makes this cake easy is that it’s made from a box mix. What makes it taste home made is the altered ingredients. I never use water in any of my box cake recipes because water does not add any flavor. I also like to add butter to the recipe because butter just tastes better.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links; should you choose to make a purchase using said link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- 2 boxes Pillsbury Moist Yellow cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil, canola, or corn oil
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 1 pint or 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 pints or 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 2 pints or 2 cups of fresh raspberries
- 2 packages of cool whip
- 1 can of whip cream
- Prepare a large nonstick 13×9 baking dish or sheet pan by lightly coating bottom of pan with butter.
- Add flour to dust the pan then place into the freezer.
- In a large bowl add cake mix, eggs, butter, milk, and oil.
- Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from freezer, then fill with mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 29 to 33 min.
- Insert toothpick in the center of the cake to check and see if it comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before removing cakes from the pan or leave in pan to decorate.
- Once cooled, add cool whip topping and decorate with fresh blueberries, strawberries or raspberries in the shape of the American flag.
- Pipe cool whip or whip cream in the can on top of blueberries and in between the lines of the strawberries or raspberries.
- Keep cake refrigerated until served. Serves 15-20, enjoy!
Invited to a 4th of July barbecue? Bring this delicious home made tasting cake with you! I have been making this cake for years and it’s always a hit! Also see my recipe for Coconut Malibu Rum Cake. Happy Fourth!