Classic Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Warning: You won’t be able to stop eating these classic peanut butter cookies. This is one of my favorite cookie recipes! They are easy to make and only take about 10-12 minutes to bake. This recipe yields about 4 dozen and the prep time is only 15 minutes. You will need to chill the dough for about 1 hour. Total prep time is 1 hour and 25 minutes. The cookies will be soft and chewy once cooled but are most delicious when served warm with a glass of milk. Servings: 24
***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please, see my affiliate disclaimer for more details.***
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar and white sugar together in a bowl, then beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt then stir into butter mixture.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- Serve while still slightly warm, Enjoy!
Love chocolate and peanut butter? Add another level of flavor by dipping half of this cookie in melted chocolate!
I hope you love this recipe, if you are a peanut butter lover like me, see my recipe for Peanut Butter Brownies! Don’t forget to Pin this recipe!