Hello Bunny Easter Cupcakes
“Hello Bunny” Easter Cupcakes
These delicious homemade vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting are perfect for an Easter celebration. They are best served the same day of baking, but will remain moist for up to 48 hours when covered in a sealed container. This recipe can be made with all-purpose flour instead of cake flour, but the texture will be coarser and cupcakes will be as tender. I highly recommend using cake flour. This recipe yields 15 cupcakes, prep time is 1 hour, and bake time is 18-20 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links, see my full disclosure here.
The bunnies are made of marshmallow fondant, but if you don’t want to make homemade fondant you can cheat by using peeps! (I recommend making the fondant a day ahead.) See this handy YouTube video below I found for the easiest fondant recipe.
You Will Need
The highlighted items are linked, you can click on the links to find the items on Amazon to make Marshmallow Fondant for 15 Bunnies
- 1 can of Chocolate Frosting
- 1 package of Jelly Beans
- 1 package Mini Marshmallows
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- Mini Bunny Cookie Cutters
- Cupcake Pans
- Cupcake Liners
- Frosting Piping Kit
- Food Coloring
- Glitter Easter Eggs
Easy Marshmallow Fondant
Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
In a bowl, sift or whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat until creamed and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated and smooth.
Add half of your dry ingredients to butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Add half of milk, again stirring until just combined. Repeat once more, adding remaining dry ingredients, and remaining milk, stirring until just incorporated.
Portion batter between 15 cupcake liners, filling about halfway full.
Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring cupcakes to a wire rack to finish cooling
Next, prepare the buttercream frosting while cupcakes are cooling.
Easy Buttercream Frosting
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, add room temperature butter and beat until creamy, about 1 minute.
Add confectioner’s sugar and slowly mix until ingredients are fully combined. Then, whip at high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla extract and heavy cream, then whip until fluffy, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Separate frosting into several bowls and add food coloring, then add to piping bags.
Pipe buttercream frosting with a onto cupcakes, then pipe a small circle of chocolate frosting in the center.
- Place 3 small jelly beans into chocolate frosting.
- Roll out chilled fondant and cut shapes using mini cookie cutters.
- Draw faces on and let dry.
- Shape bunny hands by adding a tiny bit more fondant.
- Place jellybean into bunnies hands, then place into the center of the frosting.
- This will hold the bunny and jellybeans into place.
- Place cupcakes on you favorite platter and surround with plastic Easter eggs or real decorated Easter eggs.