Do you love blueberry scones? You don’t need to run to your grocery store or local bakery to enjoy delicious scones fresh from the oven. These light and fluffy blueberry buttermilk scones are simple to make, and the best part is you don’t need to get out of your pajamas to enjoy them. All you need are a few ingredients you likely already have in your pantry, and you can enjoy mouthwatering scones in about 30 minutes.
***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please, see my affiliate disclaimer for more details.***
It’s winter here in New England and one of my favorite things to do is bake! I love to wake up first thing in the morning and turn on the oven to warm up the kitchen, especially on those extra chilly mornings. This weekend I decided to try these delicious blueberry scones. Their wonderful smell fills the air as I wait patiently to take take them out of the oven to enjoy with my morning coffee.
Blueberry Buttermilk Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons coarse brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, dry buttermilk powder, and salt together in a medium bowl, then add the blueberries.
- Whisk together the melted butter, vanilla extract, and 1 cup heavy cream in a small bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Turn the dough out on a floured surface and lightly knead until smooth for about 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into two balls. Roll out each ball into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick disks. Brush the tops of the disks with the remaining 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, then sprinkle with the coarse brown sugar.
- Cut each disk into six wedges. Transfer to the lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 12 to 16 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool, Enjoy!