Attention Chocolate Lovers! Are you looking for Valentine’s Day baking inspiration? Make these easy Sweetheart Valentine’s Day Cup Cakes for your sweetie to show how much you love them! It’s also a fun treat to decorate with the kids. It’s made from a box mix which means you can make so many different variations of this recipe. The frosting is made from and easy two ingredient chocolate ganache recipe.
You can also use any flavored frosting, the cupcakes will still taste decadent and delicious! Also see my latest Valentine’s Day post 10 Delicious Sugar Cookie Decorating Ideas for more inspiration.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links; should you choose to make a purchase using said link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Ingredients for Cup Cakes
- 1 box Pillsbury Moist Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/4 cup oil
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
- 8 oz (1/2 lb or about 1 1/3 cup of ) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Sweetheart Valentine’s Day Cup Cakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare silicone baking cups with light cooking spray.
- Blend cake mix, eggs, milk, oil and butter in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Place baking cups on a cookie sheet and fill.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 29 to 33 min.
- Insert toothpick in the center of one of the cupcakes to check and see if it comes out clean, if so cupcakes are done.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before removing cup cakes from the silicone baking cups and place on cooling rack.
Prepare Chocolate Ganache:
- Add chocolate chips to a medium size bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove top, stirring occasionally.
- As soon it simmers, remove from heat and poor over chocolate chips, swirling the bowl to make sure all chips are covered.
- Pour over the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate top with sprinkles, & Enjoy!
I hope you have fun making this recipe! It’s great for anytime you need a quick sweet chocolate treat! Happy Valentine’s Day!