Happy Holidays! Are you looking forward to the New Year? Are you tired of baking Christmas cookies yet? I know I am, lol. Why don’t you bake this deliciously easy Funfetti cake for New Year’s Eve? It’s actually a great cake recipe for any occasion such as birthdays, July 4th (think red & blue sprinkles) or Halloween (think Orange & black sprinkles).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links; should you choose to make a purchase using said link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
What makes this cake easy is that it’s made from a box mix. What makes it taste home made is the altered ingredients. I never use water in any of my box cake recipes because water does not add any flavor. I also like to add butter to the recipe because butter just tastes better.
You Will Need:
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- extra sprinkles
- cake frosting
Note: You can substitute corn or canola oil (you won’t taste the olive oil at all).
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 or 3 8-inch round pans to keep cake from sticking by lightly coating bottom of pan with butter.
- Add flour to dust the pan then place into the freezer.
- Blend Funfetti cake mix, melted butter, oil, eggs, almond and vanilla extract in a large bowl until moistened.
- Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Note: Should you choose not to use Funfetti cake mix, use a white box cake mix and add your own sprinkles to the batter at this step.
- Remove cake pans from freezer, fill each equally with mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 29 to 33 min.
- Insert toothpick in the center of the cake to check and see if it comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before removing cakes from the pan.
- Choose your favorite frosting, add between layers and then on top of the cake.
- Decorate top and sides with the extra sprinkles, Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If so share it with family and friends. Also see my recipe for Coconut Malibu Rum Cake.
Have a Very Happy New Year!