Happy New Year!
Hello everyone! Are you ready for 2021? I know I am! I wanted to share some advice as we head into another year of new beginnings. If 2020 has taught us anything, it taught us that our world as we know it can change instantly. I have always felt, one of the best ways to cope with challenges is to escape to the beach to clear your thoughts, rest and recharge.
We all know the beach brings tranquility, peace and healing to the body and soul, but not everyone is able to travel right now. Here are beautiful beach quotes and images that your can refer to when you need a little coastal inspiration.
Although many of our lifestyles have changed, we must continue to move forward into 2021 with gratitude and let go of the things that we can’t change. We also need to let go of people or things that rob us of our peace, and no longer serve us.
When we do this, we make room for better opportunities and relationships to come into our lives. Not only do we learn to appreciate those who are truly there for us in our time of need, but we learn how to be there for others. Take this time to strengthen your bond with family and friends.
This year I advise against making stressful new year’s resolutions. Instead try making a list of personal goals you would like to achieve for yourself. People who write down their goals tend to focus and achieve them faster.
Most people who make strict resolutions most likely break them by March/April and may end of feeling guilty for not sticking to them.
Instead of making a list of resolutions, I decided to make a list of goals how I would like to help make the world a better place. Here are some of those goals, hopefully they will inspire and lift your spirits.
- A random act of kindness and generosity can make the world a better place. A small gesture such as paying for a cup of coffee or someone’s lunch will not only surprise them, but can make a big difference especially if they’re having a bad day. The bonus is that you feel better instantly!
- Start a gratitude journal. Journaling helps battle anxiety and depression, and gives us an gives us an opportunity to reflect on the good things in life that we are truly grateful for.
- Treat yourself with more love and kindness. Make yourself a priority this year by adding more self love and care. Start a new hobby or something that you feel passionate about.
- Donate clothing and food. Next time you’re at the grocery store pick up a few extra items and add them to the donation bin. Also clean out your closets and donate those clothes you no longer wear. It’s less clutter for you and someone could really use those items.
- Improve your home. Your home is your sanctuary! It’s place where you rest and recharge. Give your home a refresh by painting it in your favorite relaxing beachy colors! Many of us are spending more time at home and improving your living space will definitely make you more happy.
I want to thank everyone who supported the blog this year! I really appreciate you and I wish you all the best for 2021.